Lately, I’ll say these mini prayers that will consist of “I have no idea what You’re doing, but I trust You.” … “I’m confused -what’s going on…”…. or “Whatever Your plan is, I’m here…”. Because I truly have no idea what is going on with my body right now. And, I’ve kind of run of out things to say.
So. This morning, I did what I do every morning…. I wake up and reach for my iPhone. Check and peruse Facebook. Instagram. FFM. Email. And, last but not least, Twitter. ((Feel free to judge – but I have to see what’s going on in the world while I was asleep!!! lol))
Anywho, I come across a tweet from @scottwilliams via @ckbmusik that says “21 things Jesus wants every sinner to know”…. and, I immediately think – “This should be interesting…” I’m guessing I pretty much know the range of things He’d like for me to know but maybe I missed something. And, I click on the link…this is what I find:
Here’s what Jesus wants you to know:
- You are my beloved. (Eph. 5:1)
- I knew you before you were born. As my hands formed you, I whispered purpose into your bones. I can’t not love you. (Ps. 139:1-6)
- I love you beyond human reason—even at your very worst, steeped in sin. (Rom. 5:8)
- My love is contrary to all you know of “love.” I Love you “even though” and “deeper still.” My love reaches, pursues, remains. (Ps. 36:5)
- My Love for you won’t walk out, fail, or ever come to an end. (Deut. 31:8)
- No matter what you’ve heard or what you’ve come to believe, there’s nothing that can separate you from my Love. (Rom. 8:38-39)
- I am not like people. So please—don’t put human words in my mouth or apply human behaviors to my character. You will miss me altogether. (Isaiah 55:8)
- I’ve never ignored you. I’ve been here all along. Protecting. Loving. Waiting. (Ps. 56:8)
- Your love of _____ (sin) isn’t worth eternity. I will break your chains. I will give you the desires of your heart. (Jn. 8:32, Ps. 37:4)
- Please forgive some of my followers. People—even Christian people—will fail you. You live in a fallen land, where no one is perfect and all need My grace. Put your faith and trust in Me alone. (Psalm 146:3)
- There’s no sin I will not forgive. You are the “whosoever believes in me” whom I will give eternal life . . . if you believe. (John 3:16)
- As resourceful and brilliant as you are, you cannot save yourself. It’s by God’s grace and faith in Me alone that you are saved. (Eph 2:8-9)
- I understand your pain and heartbreak. And my heart breaks with you. (Is. 53:3)
- There’s nowhere you can go where my Love won’t find you. (Psalm 139:7-8)
- The shame and guilt weighs you down has been taken care of on the cross. Your bill has been zeroed out. (John 3:16)
- The addictions. The pride. The selfishness. The hate. The lust. The jealousy. The critical spirit. The greed. I can heal it. All of it. You can start fresh. Today. (Rom. 8:1-4)
- I will forgive you. But only if you ask. And I care more about the “ask” than I do about the sin. (Acts 3:19)
- I will not force you to do or be anything. I want a relationship with you more than I want to rule over you. (Jeremiah 31:3)
- I will forgive your sin and I will forget it. That’s right—completely erase it from my mind. No replays, no record. Gone. (Ps. 103:12)
- It’s never too late to turn your life around. I came to give second chances. (Luke 23:42-43)
- I love you. Let’s talk. (Jer. 29:13)
Those two fun facts I highlighted blew my mind…. Yes, I know these truths, but they’re easily forgotten. Easily and quickly. Especially when you’re going through the toughest, most confusing, painful times in your life – you don’t THINK that God FEELS that with you. You forget that your concerns are His, as well. Jesus tells us to “…cast all of our cares and concerns on Him – for He cares for you…” (1Peter 5:7). Cares and concerns – those are problems, frustrations, and “meltdowns” before they actually get to that point, by the way!
To go through this and not trust and believe that there is a reason…. or, to not trust that there is a perfect God who can do ANY and EVERYthing…. to not have the faith that an all knowing Creator CAN & WILL create life…… to not have the faith, trust, and belief that this God has a plan for my life would be to stumble around in the dark, would be to place my hope in fallible people who struggle with making their own decisions just as I do. To think that a God who loves me more than I could ever imagine would put me through something so painful for NOTHING is more hurtful than the actual experience. But, when you know your life, your existence, your struggles are apart of His plan – how much easier it is to bear. It is still painful. It is still frustrating. Infuriating. Bitter tasting. But, as you’re suffering it becomes a joyful struggle. Almost like that growth to unity between a husband and a wife. It’s not always fun. But when you change your perspective about what’s going on – you have joy, stability during those hard times and you begin trust the process. You trust that the frustrations NOW are working themselves out towards unity later. For the betterment of the husband, wife, and marriage. For the glory of God.
Your perspective changes. Your thoughts about your circumstances change. You are able to have joy in the midst of it all. You are ABLE to – if you chose to. If you 1 Peter 5:7. If you 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. And, if you trust and believe Romans 8:28.
With all of the uncertainty that is going on with me right now, it’s most comforting to have the reassurance of God’s love for me in spite of it all.
….. to a shift in perspective, trusting God with my life, and seeing beyond myself.